Thursday, March 29, 2007

Send in the clown

I woke up with a wet pillow knowing I had cried. I have been dreaming of being with you. I don’t recall ever crying in my slumber beyond waking to a little girls nightmare.

I am compelled to share this dream.

~~The house lights are off in the auditorium, you are the only one there. All I see is your face as I stand on stage with brilliant, bright lights illuminating upon a sad face…Should I still bow and accept your silent bravo because the epiphany finished with “Send in the Clowns”? Although I protested portraying myself as a ventriloquist, wearing costumes and heavy makeup, I had no cast members, no supporting role but a Tony award defiantly guaranteed. Bowing gracefully as usual, the curtain falls so I continue to walk to stage left as always, having no more feelings beyond a grateful kiss of the hand into the air for the experience.~~

I hate that you truly don’t know me, that your opinion differs greatly upon what I know for what I stand for and what I am. My life completely was compensated in you…hence the lights of the stage, I was someone else and not me. Your eyes constantly on me, trying to change me far too fast and judging me if I failed.

Teresa.

No comments: