Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Humor in Hurting


Putting my parents aside, my best friend…George told me just for today, “You look like you are suppose to have 2 dry legs, shame isn’t it?”

“Ahhh…why is that a shame?”

“Tiz because Mattie…Arrrr, your eyes, they be leaking into your boots.”

Just to make sure my feelings are properly ballsed…I loaded my dishwasher and sat here naked with big green and yellow froggy slippers and just smiled. I looked at my legs. I’m out of sharp double blades. I’ll need a weed whacker soon. “Hey Miss Wendy – Hey Rob and my beautiful lover too, I’ll give you 5 cents for a proper razor!”

“Oh ya George, it’s not that I cannot sit with you as a show of faith. I probably could…I just don’t want too.” “I’d rather be here naked.” “I showed you that I had faith in your belief when I showed up and laughed at the little dead pieces of rice that littered the pathway.” “At my church…we don’t throw dead plants…we throw fertile confetti, it means the same when you have the faith [in the rice] or colourful paper.” “We just choose not to poke your eye out…we have fingers to do that.”

But I was still flooded. How could I be flooded? I’m naked and smiling.

Teresa.

No comments: