Monday, March 29, 2010

We Love Kitties



I've adopted a cat from the local Humane Society (Lizzy). I hadn't planned on leaving with a pet however when I seen her in her kitty jail, her big green eyes, with a pure white and orange coat, I fell in love with her immediately. Sans haste, I removed her card from her stainless steel enclosure and proceeded to imagine of the good home I could offer her.

She's very quick at learning as she listens well, amongst other quick learning behaviors, here are a few. She doesn't scratch on the furniture, she won't run outside when I open the door instead she sits on the floor mat and waits for me to come back in. She's given up on tripping me on the stairs but will wait for me to traverse the 13 steps before she'll climb them.

It took me almost two weeks to notice that she carries a second set of ear flaps. No wonder she listens well.

She has what is called a Feline Medical Curiosity. Her condition is called a "Pinnae" condition (duplicate ears). Watch for the upcoming photo of her on my blog. For now, enjoy the above video.

Teresa.

2 comments:

gelert said...

If I catch Lizzie hovering over me with a freakin basebat bat, I'm shipping her ass back to Peterborough!

Anonymous said...

This is probably the most amazing blogs Ive go through in a quite prolonged time. The amount of info in here is amazing, like you practically wrote the book around the subject matter. Your weblog is great for any individual who desires to comprehend this subject much more. Great things; please maintain it up!