Saturday, July 22, 2006

What I like

No real subject to these lines, it's just some things that I like. Maybe you can understand me a little better as you read them. They are my words. I like cream in my coffee, yellow fields of dandelions with patches of white clover. Driving on dirt roads with the windows open, hair whipping my face, smelling of fresh tar and stones and looking down rows of corn, watching them fly by in a dizzy illusion and wondering if the rows and rows are cattle corn or sweet? I like giggling babies and diving off the summer docks into a cool lake naked, swimming to the bottom feeling every layer of water drop temperature in cool waves. I like to be given a kiss for no reason and nothing to be said or wanted by someone that I love. I like peanut butter on toast and I like flaming marshmallows at the campfire. I like taking a cool shower after my skin has been kissed by the sun and the smell of Noxema on a sunburn. I like salty snacks and keeping secrets, watching the silly anecdotes of a precocious sponge who lives in a pineapple under the sea. I like smoked oysters out of the can. I like hearing the leaves on trees as the wind brushes thru them, I truly believe that it is the choice of the tree to move the way it does. I like crickets telling me the temperature, thanking them then breaking out in song…"When you wish upon a star" and have them fall silent in turn, to listen to me sing as Jimminy Cricket. I like warm blankets on old sheets that have been dried in the sun in winter, and the crisp frozen jeans that were on the clothes line that I need to be dry but never did, along with the crispy towels to dry myself off in. Watching a meteor shower. I like the sound of an lonely outboard motor on a lake early in the morning, waking up to a lovely man and being afraid to touch him because I don't want to interrupt his sleep. Purring cats and the sound of the beach as people try to hurry in the hot white sand and the water infront, telling us to Shhhh... Shhhhhh... Shhhhhhhhhhh...almost wanting us to relax. I like thinking of my grandmother but after 24 years in death she had finally left me and I feel alone. I like Rod Stewart. I like collecting Tom Cruise movies even though I don't really care for his looks. I like bare feet on a gravel driveway just because I'm a country girl, distant barking dogs and the smell of fresh cut grass by a gas mower. I like running thru fields and feeling the tall grass whip at my legs/ I like waking up to the aroma of fried eggs and burnt toast, a bouquet of waxy dandelions with little bugs on them touching my breakfast, and smiling little faces on Mothers Day. I like thinking of those emotions when I see those yellow fields of dandelions kissed with little patches of clover and think them. Enough said.

No comments: