Saturday, November 17, 2007


Take your frown off and come sit beside me, I'd like to talk for hours. We'll talk about your childhood with the thickest slices of toasted homemade bread straight from the oven covered in fresh farm butter and homemade jam. Enjoy sweet pickles out of an old jar on the end of forks that sit in brine during conversation. Open curtains with little yellow flowers on them slowly moving under the window. Does that sound nice to you?

Come sit beside me in the sunshine because I'd love to share this chair by the window. Warblers are twittering and the smell of Hyacinth is pleasant. You can see plenty from here and as I understand, Mr. Anson has been seen sweeping people off their feet again. I really shouldn't have given him that broom, the paramedics keep pulling people from his driveway. We'll have chocolate milk out of fancy tea cups and lift our pinkies into the air when we sip loudly from them. Does this mean much to you?

Come sit in the chair beside me in the sunshine my friend as I have lots to share.We could walk to the circus and sneak in the backdoor when they have their backs turned while they feed the Elephants and have Popeye cigarettes on our lips, looking important. Tell me the things you have done and I promise I will always laugh at you because truly, I love you.

I wrote this for my lover.
May 07.

Teresa.

No comments: